Monday, August 7, 2017

Welcome

Greetings and welcome! I'm Lee Nickles, a ruling elder at Redeemer Church (PCA) in Sylva, NC. I'm starting this new blog for two main reasons:
  1. I want to improve as a writer. You have to think clearly to write clearly. So, to exercise my thinking both for my career and personally, I want to get in the habit of writing something regularly.
  2. I'm both an introvert and a ruling elder in a presbyterian church. That may be unusual, but perhaps there are others out there. I hope to encourage those that are currently elders OR those that are considering a call to be an elder in how to serve even if you are introverted.
I'll probably write about lots of other things that interest me personally: the small world of reformed theology and presbyterian churches, technology, engineering, books, higher education, being a husband and dad, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment